Tuesday, January 16, 2007

sloth

Oh my god, I am a retard. I couldn't even remember the password to my blogger account. Oh! the rusty wheels of a brain churning, slowly, slowly.

So. I still live here in the CZR. Its grim and gay by turns, even as it seems everyone is jumping ship. The latest victim: my lunatic but lovely Aussie roommate Rowan, who plans to head to Romania and Morocco (geographical links notwithstanding) and then home "to commit suicide," because its cheaper than sending the body back. This IS the kind of thing that seems funny after so many months in this place. Humor here is gruesome.

I am considering taking up smoking. Its disgusting and glamorous. I need more props to suspend me!

Gah! Everything is good, really. I don't even hate teaching that much (christ on a cross, I think I enjoyed two of the lessons I had yesterday, even as the third was a new nightmare manufactured in some sinister TEFL factory somewhere). The weather here is puzzlingly good. My brother is coming to visit in a week's time. Paris for the weekend. La di da, etc.

Ok, little darlings. The cogs have screeched to a halt. Don't be strangers (I think that means you, Heather).

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Are cigarettes cheap in Prague? Something you'll want to consider before taking up smoking again. If they are cheap, I need to move there.

2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoking isn't glamourous, so you shouldn't start doing it. Drinking absinthe is, however, so start that.

8:10 PM

 
Blogger Blarnesog said...

Yes! Amanda, cigarettes are sinisterly cheap. $2-$3, depending on what tickles your fancy. Used to be cheaper, too, but the value of the USD is in steady decline, while the Czech Crown grows ever stronger.

1:09 AM

 
Blogger Boulos said...

I am usually highly in fave of the smoking (being that I am a glamourous victim of the pastime myself), however if you've kicked it that long, keep it out of you...you will be happy you did.

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home