Thursday, September 28, 2006

Alright kiddies! I'm surviving. Teaching 3 classes a week is much better! although, true to form, i continue to agonize over those classes and how crap they are! ah, TEFl is a farce. Nobody has any idea what they're doing; they just don't take it as hard as i do.
I'm trying to find other means of income. think i will be able to get some work helping out in the office at ITC, where i did my TEFL course. money not great, but it never is! To all of my editor friends, if you have any writing/ editing work at all--book reviews, interviews, any sheise that needs doing etc--that I could do from over here, please use and abuse me! The money isn't much, but it goes along way in good ole Prague. Still only a buck a beer!
Ach, well. Otherwise, things fairly good. John too kind, and puts up with me. Weather is turning cold and gray...

5 Comments:

Blogger Boulos said...

Oh Tanio-
I could've sworn I've spotted you twice since your departure, but alas they were mere illusions. I am happy to hear you are doing well, and trying not to fret too much. I wish to hear more of John, and your life in Prague. Feel free to send an email, and I shall do the same. I'd send money if I had any extra! Don't worry though, us professionals always figure something out. Love ya!

6:55 PM

 
Blogger rachel said...

T-bag-
I woke up the other day and realize it was your birthday, like a month and a half late and realized I was the crapiest friend on the face of the earth. I had also lost this blog addy so I found Sarah through Salvy Golds, thank god you once showed me that site and here I am. Just logged on and found you struggling.
All I can say is that I think everyone goes through it and that is comforting. Think of all the things you gained from your months in France.
If you do need money I don't have much but could send you some. Afraid to write for the paper you'd have to be back in the SH and let's face it, nobody wants to be back in the SH.
Let me know your plans. I may still be up for a trip. When are you planning on coming home?
And can you define the relationship between you and John with an h, who, by the way, sounds completely different than Curley Wurly :)

11:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my hubs! i am so glad that i found your not-so-inner monologue website! (thanks to one boulos) i miss you terribly, its hard out here for a lonely wife...
but anyway, it is so good to hear about your adventures, though i see that you have had some tough times. well just remember how awesome you are and how much your wife loves you.
this recent teacher intrigue sounds exciting and i hope that he continues to be good to you. otherwise i will have to fly out there and kick some british arse and i just don't have the funds for such a trip...
anyway, i can't wait to hear the latest, so keep me updated! miss you!

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:48 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

See, you are just like Mary Tyler Moore and you're gonna make it after all. Pls throw your hat in the air, take a picture, and send it to me. preferably along with an email or an update on this bloggy.

7:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home