Monday, September 11, 2006

yes, alright!

Good points all, professionals. I have to say only that I think the similarities are superficial and the differences important. The thing about this John is that he's so kind and actually listens to me! I would spend an hour on the phone with old Jon and he'd talk the whole time. I think I talk too much sometimes with new John. Nice John! John with an h. Oh, but really. We spent 8 hours yesterday just wandering around the city. No drinking involved! Not a drop (well, he was an alcoholic for a long time...). I don't think I ever hung out with old Jon without getting shitty-faced drunk bc I was so uneasy around him. This John is so easy to talk to! I even joked about the re-creation of old romantic disasters. He laughed and sort of grimaced, and said he could understand the concern. He has dated girls who always end up leaving Prague and leaving him in the lurch, so he's got his own set of re-creating disaster concerns. But he's so lovely, and well, its far too soon to tell, but it feels like something real. I mean, i don't think I've ever even had anything real.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Am I reading the blog of a fellow professional or watching Before Sunset? Ok so I've never even seen that, and from what I understand, it takes place over 1 night. Still, this is too romantic. I take back everything I said, go for it! Even if it ends in tragedy, I'm all for it. (I just finished a John Irving book and I'm feeling like everything ends in tragedy)

7:37 AM

 
Blogger Blarnesog said...

yes, its a good point! but it doesn't matter, he can read it all he wants. I've told him the lot of it anyway...

7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home