Thursday, August 10, 2006

frustration

I taught my first lesson today. In a word, I was crap. That's right, it took me 5 hours to prepare a 20-minute piece of crapola. My student Vera, who was obviously flown in from some Siberian prison camp, seemed to think so anyway (the stony silence and constant eye-rolling gave her away). Worse still, I'm not sure that I actually like teaching. Its not that I don't have the patience, but I really don't like doing things that I'm crap at. Egads.Any words of wisdom, former/ current teachers of the world?...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's your first lesson!

Did Babe Ruth hit a home run on the first try? Did Annie Sullivan teach Helen Keller to "spell" on her first day? Did Jacques Pepin's first souffle rise? (actually, I don't know for sure on that one)

Give it some time...

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

I ain't no teacher, but come on... we all know that the barnes charm will win them over anyway. Whether or not they learn is really irrelevant.
~amanda

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Word Tanio, calm down! You shall triumph. You haven't even gone through the whole training course to learn how to teach, right? You will get there. Hang in there!
~Boulos

12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home